The UND College of Nursing & Professional Disciplines (CNPD) offers undergraduate and graduate programs that prepare students in nursing, social work, and nutrition and dietetics.
The mission of the College of Nursing & Professional Disciplines is to prepare future leaders, to advance human well-being and improve quality of life for diverse populations, with an emphasis on rural communities in North Dakota, the region and beyond, through the provision of high-quality innovative interprofessional education, research and service.
100 Years of Care
UND has a long tradition and strong reputation in nursing, medicine, health sciences and social services. UND continues to be a leader in improving health outcomes and extending access of care in rural regions.
CNPD Strategic Plan
UND and the College Nursing & Professional Disciplines launched new Strategic Plans for 2018–2022. The plans illustrate the direction to sustain excellence in the ever-changing world of health, human services and higher education.
Planning and Culture
- Maintain financial viability of all CNPD programs.
- Continue to implement methods to improve communications between administration, faculty and staff.
- Recruit and retain quality faculty.
- Appoint mentors to coach new and junior faculty as needed.
- Promote interaction and communication with students.
- Create a culture of connectedness and collaboration through interprofessional education.
- Continue rural health focus.
- Ensure programmatic assessment processes systematically and reliably measure for program effectiveness.
- Establish a focused research agenda for under-served groups in the Northern Plains Region.
- Promote innovative rural development based products and/or services created as a result of, or informed by, CNPD research or scholarship.
- Provide a comprehensive suite of high quality services in support of the research and scholarly activities of CNPD.
- Strive to increase enrollment and retention of diverse students.
- Partner with clinical/internship agencies that promote student growth and development.
- Recruit and retain diverse faculty.
- Increase engagement and involvement of stakeholders of CNPD, including but not limited to legislative, regional and local partners.