College of Nursing & Professional Disciplines
The UND College of Nursing & Professional Disciplines (CNPD) offers undergraduate and graduate programs that prepare students in nursing, social work, and nutrition and dietetics.
100 Years of Care
UND has a long tradition and strong reputation in nursing, medicine, health sciences and social services. UND continues to be a leader in improving health outcomes and extending access of care in rural regions.Watch Video
CNPD by the Numbers
scholarships to CNPD students in 2018
CNPD Student Organizations
Our students are empowered to make a difference. Join a student organization and you'll positively impact your career, community and college experience.
Learn more about social work as a profession, while providing service to your community.
Interested in nutrition and its affects on the human body? Join our open forum and earn service hours.
Get introduced to Nursing as a profession and participate in social and community service events.
Be a leader by promoting awareness of student concerns and supporting Nursing activities.
Our Passion Fuels Progress
CNPD Strategic Plan
UND and the College Nursing & Professional Disciplines launched new Strategic Plans for 2018–2022. The plans illustrate the direction to sustain excellence in the ever-changing world of health, human services and higher education.
Planning and Culture
- Maintain financial viability of all CNPD programs.
- Continue to implement methods to improve communications between administration, faculty and staff.
- Recruit and retain quality faculty.
- Appoint mentors to coach new and junior faculty as needed.
- Promote interaction and communication with students.
- Create a culture of connectedness and collaboration through interprofessional education.
- Continue rural health focus.
- Ensure programmatic assessment processes systematically and reliably measure for program effectiveness.
- Establish a focused research agenda for under-served groups in the Northern Plains Region.
- Promote innovative rural development based products and/or services created as a result of, or informed by, CNPD research or scholarship.
- Provide a comprehensive suite of high quality services in support of the research and scholarly activities of CNPD.
- Strive to increase enrollment and retention of diverse students.
- Partner with clinical/internship agencies that promote student growth and development.
- Recruit and retain diverse faculty.
- Increase engagement and involvement of stakeholders of CNPD, including but not limited to legislative, regional and local partners.
The mission of the College of Nursing & Professional Disciplines is to prepare future leaders, to advance human well-being and improve quality of life for diverse populations, with an emphasis on rural communities in North Dakota, the region and beyond, through the provision of high-quality innovative interprofessional education, research and service.