Social Work Breaks Barriers Training & Distinguished Alumni Award
Join us for a free day of training for social workers.
Wednesday, October 4th, 2023
Hilton Garden Inn | 4301 James Ray Dr,
Grand Forks, ND 58203.
- Attendees at this in-person training receive up to 5 CEUs with 2 ethics credits.
- Pre-registration is required as space is limited.
- Pre-registration for this event is now closed.
Allyship in Action (1 credit)
|10 a.m. - Noon||
Socially Just and Ethical Social Work Practice with Native American Women using Substances During Pregnancy (2 ethics credits)
Mining Balance (1 credit)
Creating a Culture of Self-Care (1 ethics credit)
About the UND Social Work Distinguished Alumni Award
Award recipients are recognized during the fall social work training event held annually during Homecoming.
The award honors individuals who have demonstrated outstanding achievements and embody the values and principles of social work.
Nominees for the award must be alums of the UND Social Work program (at least seven years since graduation) who positively reflect and have shown dedication to the field of social work by any of the following:
- has made outstanding contributions to the social work profession
- performs exceptional service in their chosen area
- exhibits strong leadership skills
- champions the rights and well-being of vulnerable populations
- committed to ethical practice
Nominations will open again in the summer preceding the award.