Sigma Theta Tau
CNPD is home to the Eta Upsilon Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing.
Sigma Theta Tau's mission is advancing world health and celebrating nursing excellence in scholarship, leadership and service. The Eta Upsilon Chapter at thhe University of North Dakota was formed on May 3, 1984, and is the 186th chapter established at Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing.
Membership Offers you Exceptional Benefits
- Free nursing continuing professional development (NCPD) courses
- Career connections to help shape your path
- Free journals and member publications
- Invaluable conversations
Sigma Around the World
Nurse leaders around the world who are proud to call themselves a Sigma nurse.
Countries where Sigma members reside.
Currently, 39% of active members hold master’s and/or doctoral degrees; 51% are in staff positions; 19% are administrators or supervisors; 18% are faculty/academics; and 12% are in advanced practice.
Joining Sigma Theta Tau will help you stay connected, get involved and receive assistance with your nursing career. Membership benefits include:
- Conferences around the world on leadership, education, scholarship and research
- Connect with nurses around the world
- Continuing Nursing Education opportunities
- Member Publications
- Award Recognition
- Products, Services and Discounts
Apply to UND's Sigma Chapter
Students are invited to join through the Sigma chapter at their university. No matter where you are in your nursing career, if you meet the criteria for consideration and are currently a nursing professional or student in a post-licensure graduate program and not previously inducted as a nursing student, you may apply to join as a nurse leader.
- Outstanding Undergraduate Student Award - Fall 2022 - Mercedes P. McKay
- Outstanding Undergraduate Student Award - Spring 2022 - Michelle Marie Washington
- Outstanding Graduate Student Award - Spring 2022 - Kimberly Winters
- Outstanding Undergraduate Student Award - Fall 2021 - Jakob Dotterer