Frequently Asked Questions
Activate UND Account
Your NDUS Account (NDUS Identifier) is used to access several systems including your student email, Blackboard, Campus Connection, and many others.
The Campus Connection portal provides a secure and convenient access point to your personal and campus information. Once you claim your NDUS Account, you can check your application status, register for classes or update your personal information.
Pre-nursing students will only have one advisor noted on Campus Connection. This is your Office of Student Services advisor. Other students, who have been admitted to the Undergraduate Nursing Program will have 2 advisors listed. One advisor is your Office of Student Services advisor and one is your UND College of Nursing advisor. RAIN students will also have a RAIN advisor listed, who acts as the primary advisor for RAIN students. RAIN students are also welcome to see their Office of Student Services advisor and their faculty advisor for academic reasons.
Registering for Classes
- Plan your schedule ahead of time and then see your Office of Student Services advisor.
- You must log onto Campus Connection to up-to-date information on course offerings.
- Nursing curriculum is sequential—each semester must be completed entirely to progressing.
- You must register for coordinating section per the instructions.
- Pay to close attention to pre-requisites and co-requisites in courses.
- Pre-requisites means the course is completed or you may be currently enrolled.
- Co-requisite means you register and complete the courses in the same semester.
- You should register for all of the courses in your semester at the SAME TIME.
- Make sure the requested courses have open seats and are not full.
- You will not be allowed to register for classes if there is time conflict with another course you are registering for.
- If you get an error message, check each one individually. Messages can vary and may be "requisites not met," or there may be a "time conflict" or "section full."
- Time conflicts, full sections, or requisites not met for one course STOPS registration for all courses.
- If you have any holds on your account (from the Business Office or Registrar's Office, for example) you will not be able to register until you have taken care of the issue.
- Students in the nursing program who receive academic deficiencies will have a hold placed on their account and will be advised to see their faculty advisor in order to have the hold removed.
- If you have transfer courses for science courses (like Physiology, Pharmacology or Statistics), you will need to review your "Student Transfer Evaluation" to see if they are approved to be equivalent to the required UND course. Please seek assistance from your Office of Student advisor, in this case, for guidance.
You can access this information on your Campus Connection account. Click on the More Information link to find the specifics on the type of hold that has been placed on your account and who to contact for assistance.
An OSS advisor will be able to help you determine when your pre-requisites have been met and the best time to apply to the nursing program.