Research & Scholarship Day
CNPD students are encouraged to participate in a day of celebrating research, collaboration, scholarship, and creative activities.
Student scholars are celebrated without the pressure of competition!
2023 Research and Scholarship Day - April 28, 2023
10 a.m. – 12 p.m. | Poster Presentations
12 - 1 p.m. | CNPD Research Day Social with light refreshments
Memorial Union Ballroom
Undergraduate students, graduate students, and faculty from the College of Nursing & Professional Disciplines will present their research and other scholarly activities in the areas of Social Work, Nursing, and Nutrition & Dietetics.
CNPD students and faculty from Nursing, Nutrition & Dietetics and Social Work who
are engaged in research, scholarship and creative work through thesis, dissertations,
non-thesis projects, faculty projects, and independent studies, or who have conducted
substantial research as a part of coursework.
Students may either present solo research, or if research was done collaboratively, they may present with other co-presenters.
Students enrolled in on-campus programs are required to participate in person (no exceptions). Students enrolled in a fully online program, may choose to participate virtually or in person if they wish to travel to campus.
- The final deadline to submit a presentation title to participate in CNPD Research & Scholarship Day is Friday, March 10 by 5 p.m. (no exceptions).
- Posters will need to be submitted by Thursday, April 13 at 11:59 p.m. (no exceptions).
CNPD students will present their work in a poster format. The event is in an open house format, meaning visitors will peruse the posters and may ask questions. An integral component of the presentation will be an explanation of work understandably to a non-specialist attending the event, including fellow students, faculty, and other members of the campus community.
A bag lunch is provided for in-person presenters.
Students can use the PowerPoint template which contains two design options, or create their own custom design.
- Create a custom slide size of 32 inches wide by 24 inches high (additional help on resizing)
- Adding a UND logo to a poster is strongly encouraged
The College of Nursing and Professional Disciplines will pay the cost of one (1) poster printing. All posters for CNPD Research & Scholarship Day must submitted to Duplicating Services no later than Thursday, April 13 at 11:59 p.m. (no exceptions). Posters will be picked up by CNPD and be available at check-in the day of the event.
To print your poster, please complete the Duplicating Services Online Job Form.
- Login with your UND credentials
- Under Billing, select "Departmental"
- Place zeros in the Fund Number & Department Number sections
- Posters will be 32 (w) x 24 (h) in size and printed on non-tear matte paper
- In the additional comments section, please write "CNPD Poster Presentation"
- Upload a PDF of your file and hit "Submit"
Student Time Commitment
Student check in is available from 9-9:30 a.m. Students are asked to arrive no later than 9:30 a.m. The public viewing will last from 10 a.m.-12 p.m., with a social to follow at 12 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. During this time, you will be expected to be at your poster and ready to present or answer questions for anyone who may stop by to review your presentation.
Virtual Participation (Distance/Online Learning Students Only)
The video participation option is only available to students who are Distance/Online Learning students.
Distance/Online Learning students can present their posters via a prerecorded presentation and Power Point. An integral component of the presentation will be an explanation of work understandably to a non-specialist attending the event, including fellow students, faculty, and other members of the campus community. The videos will be available to guests attending the in person event to view on their personal devices via URL scan codes.
Students will present their work in PowerPoint.
- The slideshow can contain up to a maximum of three static (not animated and not video) slides
- We advise your presentation be no longer than five minutes.
- Students can decide how best to design their PowerPoint slides, but they should keep in mind that the content should be large enough to see and read on the screen.
- Adding a UND logo to your slides is strongly encouraged
- If you would like to, you can use a UND Branded PowerPoint.
- It is recommended that student record their presentations with their camera turned on. Students can use a variety of tools to record their presentations such as Zoom, Loom, or other means as long as the tool used to record the presentation provides the student a downloadable file that can be submitted to the CNPD Research Office.
- Please name your video files with your lastname-firstname prior to submission. The file will be renamed and posted to include your presentation title.
Video presentations files for Research & Scholarship Day will have to be submitted via Teams to Miranda Koster at miranda.koster@UND.edu no later than Thursday, April 13 at 11:59 p.m. (no exceptions).