Research & Scholarship Day
CNPD students are encouraged to participate in a day of celebrating research, collaboration, scholarship and creative activities.
The event is open to the public - the entire campus community is invited to attend. Student scholars will be celebrated without the pressure of competition! The next event is scheduled for Spring 2021.
CNPD students from Nursing, Nutrition & Dietetics and Social Work who are engaged in research, scholarship and creative work through theses, dissertations, non-thesis projects, and independent studies, or who have conducted substantial research as a part of coursework.
Titles should be a concise description of the work to be presented and should contain:
- Student Name(s)
- Department and Program
- Ph.D., Masters, Non-Thesis Project, Independent Study or Course Based Research
- Year of study in program
- Advisor or Faculty
Submit your title by email to UND.cnpd.research.office@UND.edu
Students will present their work in poster format. An integral component of the presentation will be an explanation of their work understandable to a non-specialist attending, including fellow students, faculty, and other members of the campus community.
If you are an online student, you are required to present your research in a poster format. Since many online students work full time and/or are located outside of Grand Forks, it is not required to present the poster in person. Posters submitted by online students who are unable to attend in person will submit a 3-minute video or audio presentation.
Contact UND.cnpd.research.office@UND.edu for guidelines.
The Office of Research encourages you to create your poster in PowerPoint.
- PowerPoint allows a custom slide size of 40 inches by 30 inches.
- Using the master slide function, the graphics can be set up and students can edit the rest of the slide as needed.
- Adding a UND logo to your poster is strongly encouraged.
- Posters are printed in-house. CNPD will cover the cost of one poster printing. Posters will be 24 x 36 in size and printed on tear resistant paper.
- To print your poster, please send to UND.cnpd.research.office@UND.edu and include the words "R&S Day poster" in the subject line of your email. Poster files are due 2 weeks prior to the event.