Research & Scholarship Day
CNPD students are encouraged to participate in a day of celebrating research, collaboration, scholarship and creative activities.
The event is open to the public - the entire campus community is invited to attend. Student scholars will be celebrated without the pressure of competition!
Date and Location
- Friday, May 1, 2020, 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- UND School of Medicine & Health Sciences, 2nd Floor
CNPD students from Nursing, Nutrition & Dietetics and Social Work who are engaged in research, scholarship and creative work through theses, dissertations, non-thesis projects, and independent studies, or who have conducted substantial research as a part of coursework.
Titles should be a concise description of the work to be presented and should contain:
- Student Name(s)
- Department and Program
- Ph.D., Masters, Non-Thesis Project, Independent Study or Course Based Research
- Year of study in program
- Advisor or Faculty
Submit your title by email to UND.cnpd.research.office@UND.edu
Students will present their work in poster format. An integral component of the presentation will be an explanation of their work understandable to a non-specialist attending, including fellow students, faculty, and other members of the campus community.
If you are an online student, you are required to present your research in a poster format. Since many online students work full time and/or are located outside of Grand Forks, it is not required to present the poster in person. Posters submitted by online students who are unable to attend in person will submit a 3-minute video or audio presentation.
Contact UND.cnpd.research.office@UND.edu for guidelines.
The Office of Research encourages you to create your poster in PowerPoint.
- PowerPoint allows a custom slide size of 40 inches by 30 inches. Click here for additional details on poster size.
- Using the master slide function, the graphics can be set up and students can edit the rest of the slide as needed.
- Adding a UND logo to your poster is strongly encouraged.
- Posters are printed in-house. CNPD will cover the cost of one poster printing. Posters will be 24 x 36 in size and printed on tear resistant paper.
- To print your poster, please send to UND.cnpd.research.office@UND.edu and include the words "R&S Day poster" in the subject line of your email. Poster files are due 2 weeks prior to the event.