CNPD Grant Pre and Post Award Support
The CNPD Research & Grants Management Office is available to assist CNPD faculty with research, scholarship, and funded programs.
Process Flow Chart
The CNPD Research & Grants Management Office has created two flowcharts to assist faculty, staff, and students as they navigate grants application process.
Once a CNPD faculty member has decided to submit a proposal to an identified sponsor, CNPD Research & Grants Management Office is available to assist with the proposal submission process.
- Interpreting sponsor guidelines
- Assistance in preparing proposal forms and templates
- Providing consultation in budget preparation
- Identifying potential problems in the financial administration of the proposed project and options for addressing those problems
- Facilitating submission using Novelution and grants.gov processes
- The CNPD Research & Grants Management Office must review all proposals for extramural support before they are signed by an authorized official of the University
- After the Principal Investigator has done their PI Attestation, the CNPD Research & Grants Management Office will review and gather signatures from the Chair, Associate Dean for Research, and the Dean
- Upon collecting the signatures, the CNPD Research & Grants Management Office will forward the proposal to the UND Research & Sponsored Program Development Office for final review and authorized signatures.
Grants Management is responsible for monitoring currently funded sponsored projects at the CNPD in tandem with the Principal Investigators and their administrative staff. This includes assuring that costs are allowable, notification of any sponsored projects which are overdrawn or may be ending soon, ensuring that employees are correctly certifying their effort, and assisting PIs with re-budgeting, no-cost extensions, and project close-out.
The Grants Management Office reviews award documents for the scope of work, cost, timing, or other financial considerations. While a review is allowable, the Grants Management office is not responsible for negotiating the award document. Research & Sponsored Program Development will negotiate with the potential sponsor.
Resources & Links
Instructions and links for setup of project
CNPD Research Office processes, forms, and templates
Video training on Novelution, tutorials and guides
Frequently used Facts and Identification Numbers
Training Guides, Quick Guides, FAQs, and Training Videos
Peoplesoft login information can be used to login to the system.